Welcome to Grace and St. Paul Lutheran Churches, Osoyoos and Oliver BC
For any not able to be present for in person services, audio recordings are being posted on this webpage under the heading "recorder services."
COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN – St. Paul Lutheran Church, Oliver & Grace Lutheran Church, Osoyoos BC
- Implemented protocols to reduce risk.
- If anyone has the following symptoms, they should not be attending: fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and new muscle aches or headaches, or any other symptoms of Covid19.
- Those who are at “high risk of severe disease” are cautioned against attending.
- The occupancy is not to exceed 50 people.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for people to use, when entering and exiting.
- Doors and windows will be kept open in as much as this is feasible.
- Everyone will be asked to refrain from any sort of physical greeting and Pastor will omit greeting at the back of the church in order to prevent a “bottleneck.”
- People will be allowed into church and asked to sit down either as individuals or family units at marked locations (green tape) which will be at least 6 feet apart from one another.
- Markings of 6 feet will be posted on the floor, and people will be asked to use them to remain 6 feet apart while entering or exiting the building, or coming forward for Communion.
- People may give their offerings either on their way in or out of the church on the plate placed at the back of the church.
- People are now required to wear face masks during the entire time they are in the building.
- The worship leader, lector, or soloist can remove their masks once they are 3 meters away from anyone.
- A record of all families who are attending each week will be made.
- Services will remain available both by email upon request and online audio recordings on the webpage for any preferring not to attend in person.
- When there is Holy Communion offered:
- The person preparing the elements beforehand would do so with freshly washed hands, and wearing a face mask.
- People will be invited forward, maintaining physical distancing, one person or family unit at a time.
- Pastor, wearing a mask, and using hand-sanitizer, will alone oversee distribution.
- The wine will be in individual glasses only, along with a wafer. They will be set out, but separated at a distance, for people to pickup themselves, and then deposit the emptied glass into the receptacle.
- Communicants may remove their masks as they partake of Communion.
- People will make their way back to their places on either side isle, keeping distance, and using the markings to keep safe distance.
- Following the services, all communion ware will be properly cleaned.
- The Building
- High traffic areas, especially the bathroom, will be disinfected regularly. Soap dispensers and paper towels will be well stocked for use.
- Hand sanitizer will be available upon entering, and at different places in the church.
- Mask will be made available the entrance of the building.
- The leadership will reassess our protocols to reduce risk on a regular basis.
Grace Lutheran Church, Osoyoos and St. Paul Lutheran Church, Oliver are located in the South Okanagan Valley of beautiful British Columbia. This part of the province is considered a semi-desert. We remember that our world is fallen, and people need to know about love, mercy, and grace of God. Like an oasis in the desert, our congregations seek to be places of refreshing. Psalm 107:35 states that God "...turns a desert into pools of water, a parched land into springs of water." We seek to be that "pool" and "spring" in this place
Therefore, we invite all who may be in our communities, either as long term residents, new arrivals, or summer and winter visitors, to join us for regular "refreshing" as we gather around His Word and sacraments, which are God's means of grace.
Who We Are
What We Believe
To learn more about the doctrinal positions of LCC please see this link: